An Ex- Parrot (from True Tales of Fulton County)

Knock. Knock.


Hi.

Hello.

My name is Susan Bechdel and I represent the Abortion is Freedom Coalition. Is  (looks) Mx. Polly Cracker home?

Huh? No.

Ignores.

Are you aware that certain fascists in the state house want to limit the rights of wymxn of color to access live saving fourth trimester health care termination?

No. I don’t think we’re interested.

You might not, but Mx. Cracker has been a solid booster for many years. We’ve always counted on her vote in November.

I doubt that. Polly iswas, a parrot. A long dead one, I’m afraid.

Polly Cracker. Polly Wanda Cracker.

Yep. Bird. Dead Bird. Died oh, 2017?

How so?

‘Polly Wanna Cracker.’ Get it?

Stares.

Had an insurance policy on her. Probably where you got the name. Votes, you say?

Abrams twice.

And what kind of name did you think that was? Cracker?

I don’t know. Some white chick.

Comments